Thursday, March 8, 2012

 I hope you don't mind brevity. There's at least 2 reasons for it. First I was trained to be brief and second it's easier.

Last week before Gail's Birthday it was tough. In tech terms her physical strength was about a 2 on a scale of 0-10. Being in this constant physical state affected her mental and spiritual strength. A special thanks to Ed and Sandy Regensburg who encouraged us through these tough moments. We realize also that because of your prayers we got the help we needed when we needed it.

After her chemo treatment last Monday it seems like we were starting all over again on finding the right diet. It looked like we were back at step 1 plus  cold foods were out. They seems to affect/shock the nerves. After about 5 days, cold foods begin to be slowly  tolerated again .

Thanks for the many calls/cards and birthday wishes. To our surprise our 2 sons and daughter in law (located in Florida) showed up at our house. They entertained/distracted and helped on housecleaning chores.

Hope this blog helps to keep you informed during this "isolation" time.

2 comments:

  1. Continued thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Really appreciate the updates also. Hang in there and know you are surrounded by love. Gentle virtual hugs

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ken, for the updates. Give Gail a hug from us, and know we are praying! The following is one of my favorite poems - a belated birthday gift - for Gail:

    “Child of My love, lean hard,
    And let Me feel the pressure of thy care.
    I know thy burden, child; I shaped it,
    Poised in Mine own hand, made no proportion
    In its weight to thine unaided strength;
    For even as I laid it on I said,
    ‘I shall be near, and while she leans on Me,
    This burden shall be Mine, not hers;
    So shall I keep My child within the circling arms
    of Mine own love.’ Here lay it down, nor fear
    To impose it on a shoulder which upholds
    The government of worlds. Yet closer come,
    Thou are not near enough; I would embrace thy care,
    So I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
    Thou lovest Me? I know it. Doubt not, then,
    But, loving Me, lean hard.”

    from "Green Leaf in Drought Time"

    Love, Trina and Brian

    ReplyDelete